I know it is Monday but I am going to pretend like it is Sunday. If I would have thought about it earlier, I would have taken pictures of my classroom so instead I will be doing a 3-2-1 summary.
3 Things I Noticed This Week
- I have awesome students! I know that I have only met them once or twice but they seem great and I am excited to work with them.
- Teaching for 90 minutes can sometimes not feel like enough! I actually ran out of time in Geometry so I feel a bit behind! CRAZY!
- Google Classroom is pretty cool! All my classes are using it and it seems to work really well once I figured out how to set everything up.
2 Things I Am Nervous About
- Pacing: Am I going to fast? Too slow? Will I fit in all the curriculum? Right now, I am more concerned about making a connection and making my students feel good about doing math.
- Geometry has an entirely new book so we are piloting it and I am freaking out about it. I have never been this nervous about a class in terms of curriculum this way. I know it will work out in the end so I think I just need to take a deep breath and keep on trucking!
1 Thing That Is Awesome
- My curricular teams (geometry, geometry honors, algebra II studies) are all amazing! We all work really well together and give each other multiple ideas. These people are making my life better and helping me stay on track with everything. I can’t wait to see what the rest of the year brings for us.
I think I should later this week try and post about my organization and some activities I am working on to make teaching for 90 minutes doable without completely boring my students!