With some time this week having Monday as a professional day and today as the ACT day, I have had some time to think about stuff so I figured…why not blog?
I have been thinking about grading lately since I had a huge pile of papers to catch up on over this weekend (don’t worry, I am all caught up as of today!). These are just some ponderings that I don’t really have the answers to:
- Green Vs Red Pen
- Does it matter if I grade in a positive color versus a negative one?
- Are student’s self-esteem lowered if they see a bloody red paper versus one that looks like St. Patrick’s Day came way too early this year?
- Stickers on students paper
- If I start the beginning of the year putting them on papers, students seem to like
- If I don’t start at the beginning of the year, nobody asks for them
- If I start doing it and then stop, they complain and what their sticker
- Is a sticker worth my time? What benefits does it really have?
- Positive Vs Negative points
- If I put a +4 on a problem versus a -2, does that make a difference?
- Will a student actually look for their mistake if I do one way or the other?
Are students more or less inclined to read my comments I spent a lot of time doing if any of the above are followed or not followed? Maybe I need to explore more of this but just a brain dump for right now…